What to-do if you are in a car and motorcycle accident
If you are involved in a motorcycle accident, there are certain steps you should take regardless of which vehicle you were operating. After an auto accident, you should:
• Get the other motorist’s information, including name, address, contact information and insurance information.
• Gather the names and contact information of any witnesses.
• Call police and ask them to file an accident report.
• Cooperate with police but do not admit or imply the auto accident was your fault.
• Do not discuss fault with the other driver. In fact, your communication with the other driver should be minimal.
• If possible, take photos of the accident scene, car or motorcycle damage, and your injuries.
• Seek medical attention, even if it seems as though you are alright.
After the accident, do not communicate with the other driver’s insurance company. The company is likely to offer you an unfair settlement or coerce you into admitting fault. Do not repair any vehicle damage until it is properly documented.
The most important thing you can do after a motorcycle accident is contact our attorneys. At The Cochran Firm, we have extensive experience representing car and motorcycle accident victims. If a negligent driver caused your injury, you deserve to pursue compensation for resulting medical bills, lost wages and associated costs.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, please contact The Cochran Firm for a free case evaluation.